Who we are
Our website address is: https://michaeljdawkins.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What personal data do we collect and why?
- When visitors or users submit a poll, we capture the IP Address for spam protection and to set voter limitations.
- This website uses Google Analytics to track website traffic. Collected data is processed in such a way that visitors cannot be identified.
- When visitors or users submit a form or view a module, we capture the IP Address for analysis purposes. We also capture the email address and might capture other personal data included in the form fields.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
When visitors or users submit a form, we capture the IP Address for spam protection. We also capture the email address and might capture other personal data included in the Form fields.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- When visitors or users submit a form we retain the data for 30 days.
- When visitors or users votes on a poll we retain the IP Address data for 30 days and anonymize it.
- When visitors or users submit a quiz’s answer, we capture NO Personally Identifiable Information.
- When visitors or users answer a quiz we retain the answers data for 30 days and then remove it from our system.
- When visitors or users submit a form or view a module we retain the data for 30 days.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
All collected data might be shown publicly, and we send it to our workers or contractors to perform necessary actions based on the form submission.